In order to protect our customers as well as their end users, Coilcraft strictly controls the sales and distribution of its components.
In the US and Canada, Coilcraft products should only be purchased directly from Coilcraft or through Coilcraft's own online store. In Europe and the rest of the world, you can buy direct or through the authorized distributors listed on the Coilcraft web site.
In an effort to save money or avoid lead times, some OEMs and contract manufacturers buy Coilcraft parts from unauthorized distributors or brokers who portray themselves as our dealer. But what these buyers often get are products that are:
- old merchandise with questionable solderability and often falsified date codes
- counterfeit components that do not meet our performance standards
- components that are intentionally mis-marked with completely different part numbers
- non-RoHS components that have been falsely labeled as compliant
Because Coilcraft has no control over these unauthorized suppliers or the products they sell, only customers who purchase through our approved channels can receive technical support, warranty coverage or return privileges. If you have received defective, counterfeit, obsolete, remarked or repackaged products, please contact the merchant who sold them.
By purchasing through Coilcraft's authorized channels, you are sure of getting:
- factory-fresh products in the original packaging
- the most current product version
- complete traceability, RoHS and country of origin information
- components guaranteed to meet Coilcraft performance specifications
- peace of mind, knowing that your own company's products will perform as designed
Counterfeiting and other fraudulent practices are harming everyone in the electronics industry. Please do your part by dealing only with authorized sources; not just for Coilcraft products but for any other components that you buy.